Tiếng anh mới Reading - trang 29 Unit 9 Sách Bài Tập (SBT) Tiếng Anh 11 mới
1 Read the first part of the text about Barcelona and fill each gap with a word or a phrase from the box.
Đọc phần đầu của văn bản về Barcelona và điền vào mỗi khoảng trống bằng một từ hoặc cụm từ từ hộp.
inhabitants smart ambitious
quality of life
Barcelona, the second largest city in Spain, is one of the most (1) ........... tourist destinations in Europe. It is known for its sunshine, architecture, and lively streets. The City Council plans to transform Barcelona into a(2) ...........city, by having technology reachevery neighbourhood, balancing sustainable urban and economic development, and improving its inhabitants'(3) ..........
One of its great achievements is the transformation of the 200-hectare Poblenou industrial area into the 22@Barcelona District, also known as the Innovation District. This is considered the most important project of (4) ...........transformation in Barcelona in recent years, and one of the most (5) ........... in Europe, with more than 200 million Euros invested in the infrastructure (6) ........... The project was launched in 2000 and is still ongoing. As of December 2011, an estimated 4,500 new companies had moved to the district since 2000, an average of 545 per year. The (7) ........... in 22@Barcelona has grown 22.8%, from 73,464 (8) .......... in 2001 to over 90,000
1. popular 2. smart 3. quality of life
4. urban 5. ambitious
6.plan 7. population 8. inhabitants
2 Read the second part of the text and answer the questions.
Đọc phần thứ hai của văn bản và trả lời các câu hỏi.
Why is the 22@Barcelona District also called the Innovation District? Let's take a walking tour to find the answer to this question.
First, the digital bus stop, with its multifunctional features, is one of the prides of Barcelona. It not only displays real time bus schedules, but also offers tourist information, USB charging sockets and acts as a free WiFi station.
The City Council has also set a target for saving electricity. At night, the smart lighting system becomes less bright when there is no motion detected in the streets and lights up vvhen people are around. This helps to save money and reduces carbon dioxide emissions.
Next is the smart waste collection system with smart rubbish bins which are connected to a vacuum network under the streets. When the bins are full, the sensors installed on them send information to the collection plant, and the waste is sucked through underground pipes. This system reduces noise pollution made by refuse lorries and keeps public spaces clean and odourless.
To encourage city dwellers to use bicycles, a bicycle sharing system was developed. It is designed to h people to travel short distances without consuming any energy. People pay an annual fee, get a speci card, scan it at any of the 400 stations, check out a bike, then check it back in at the station closest to their destination. Most stations are located near other public transport stops or public car parks. What's more, with seven hours of sunshine a day, Barcelona has taken advantage of solar energy. All r large buildings such as offices, hotels, hospitals, gyms, or swimming pools use solar panels to produc their own hot water. This helps to reduce fossil fuels consumption and carbon dioxide emissions.
For over a decade, the old industrial district of Poblenou in Barcelona has undergone a dramatic rene’ to create a high-quality environment for working and living. The aim of upgrading an old place while maintaining its economic activity has been achieved. That is why the 22@Barcelona model is being applied to other areas of the city.
1. Why is Barcelona proud of its bus stops?
2. How does its lighting system save electricity?
3. How is the waste collected from the rubbish bins?
4. What has the City Council developed to encourage people to use bicycles?
5. How can the 22@Barcelona District reduce use of fossil fuels?
6. Why is the 22@Barcelona model being applied to other areas of the city?
1. Because they are multifunctional.
2. The lighting system becomes less bright when there is no motion detected in the streets and lights up when people are around.
3. The waste is sucked up through the underground pipes and sent to the collection plant.
4. They have developed a bicycle sharing system.
5. It can reduce use of fossil fuels by taking advantage of soiar energy. The buildings there use solar energy to produce their own hot water.
6. Because Barcelona's project of creating a high-quality environment for working and living has been successful, and the aim of upgrading an old, industrial place while maintaining its economic activity has been achieved.
3 Look for the words or phrases in the two parts of the text which mean the following:
Tìm các từ hoặc cụm từ trong hai phần của văn bản có nghĩa sau đây:
1. started (v)
2. approximate (adj)
3. having several different functions (adj)
4. pulled with great power and forced into or out of something (v)
5. improvement; a situation in which something is replaced or improved (n)
1. launched 2 estimated 3. multifunctional
4. sucked 5. renewal
Đã có app HỌC TỐT trên điện thoại, giải bài tập SGK, SBT Soạn văn, Văn mẫu....miễn phí. Tải ngay ứng dụng trên Android và iOS.