Tiếng anh mới Reading - trang 7 Unit 6 Sách Bài Tập (SBT) Tiếng anh 11 mới
1 Read the following text and answer the questions.
Đọc bài dưới đây và trả lời các câu hỏi.
It is a common belief that adults are responsible for ‘big issues’ such as environmental protection and conservation, and youths can do nothing but focus on their studies or have fun. However, the stories of the young people in the Young Voices for the Planet show that even at a young age, people are able to do something for their communities and can really contribute to the care and preservation of the environment. Kids can also do things to make a difference, given the chance. And though their skills and talents may vary, they can use their unique gifts to help to preserve the environment and save the world. One of the children in the stories, Olivia, says:
‘Every one of us has a great gift we can use to help the earth. Everyone, at any age, can do something, whether it is picking up rubbish along the side of the road, filling a bird feeder, or bringing reusable bags to the grocery store. For me, I used my artwork. Find your cause and use your talents. The quality of our world is counting on you.’
It is remarkable that someone as young as Olivia can understand so well the connection between society, the environment, and the problems we are facing today. It has been proved that every small act of kindness we show can make a great impact on the world around us.
For some people, environmental protection and conservation means stopping the growth and development of technology and society. But this is a popular belief that is not true. Protecting the environment isn't about stopping progress. It's about changing our consumption habits and taking care of the environment. Just by doing simple things, every one of us including the youths can do their share in making this world a better place to live.
1. What do most people believe?
2. What do the stories of the young people in the Young Voices for the Planet show?
3. According to Olivia, what are the things that people can do to help the earth?
4. What talent did Olivia use to help the environment?
5. What does the writer find extraordinary and unusual about Olivia?
1. Most people believe that adults are responsible for 'big issues’ such as environmental protection and conservation.
2. Even at a young age, people can do something for their communities and can really contribute to the care and preservation of the environment.
3. Picking up rubbish along the side of the road, filling a bird feeder, or bringing reusable bags to the grocery store.
4. Her artistic talent / her talent for artwork.
5. Her understanding of the connection between society, the environment, and the problems we are facing today.
2 Based on the information in the text, decide whether the following statements are true (T), false (F), or not given (NG). Tick the boxes.
Dựa trên thông tin trong văn bản, hãy quyết định xem các câu sau đây là đúng (T), sai (F) hay không có thông tin (NG). Đánh dấu các ô.
1. According to Olivia, only young people can use their talents to help the earth.
2. If you don't have talents, you can't help to preserve the environment and save our world.
3. Even a small act of kindness can make a great impact on the world around us.
4. If we want to preserve the environment, we should stop the growth and development of technology and society.
5. The future of our world depends on young people only.
6. People should change their consumption habits to preserve the environment.
1. F 2. NG 3. T
4. F 5. NG 6. T
Đã có app HỌC TỐT trên điện thoại, giải bài tập SGK, SBT Soạn văn, Văn mẫu....miễn phí. Tải ngay ứng dụng trên Android và iOS.