Tiếng anh mới B. Vocabulary & Grammar - trang 49 - Unit 6 - Sách bài tập (SBT) tiếng Anh 9 mới
1. Complete the following sentences with the right form of the words/phrases from the box.
Hoàn thành các câu sau với dạng đúng của động từ cho trước.
straw hat tiled roof facility
trench uniform thatched house
1. Fifty years ago, we had very few schools and the rows of classrooms looked like________.
2. During wartime, all around the rows of classrooms there were_______so that children could shelter from bombs.
3. Modern classrooms are well equipped with various_____including bookshelves, cassette players, or computers.
4. In the past, school children didn't often wear__________ like they do today.
5. The only things that made school children in the past look alike were their_____and rubber sandals.
6. In the past, many classrooms in Viet Nam were made of mud and straw and few had______.
Key - Đáp án:
1. thatched houses 2. trenches 3. facilities
4. uniforms 5. straw hats 6. tiled roofs
2. Rewrite the following sentences using adjectives or adverbs showing degree of change.
Viết lại các câu sau, sử dụng tính từ hoặc trạng từ để thể hiện cấp độ thay đổi.
1. The school facilities have been improved a lot within the last three years.
-> There have been_____________________________________ .
2. There is a minor increase in the number of children going to school this year.
-> The number _____________________________________ .
3. The number of nuclear families in the countryside has risen little by little.
-> The number_______________________________________ .
4. There has been quite a large reduction in the number of poor families in the countryside.
-> There has been________________________________________.
5. The number of students attending university in Viet Nam has grown very much in recent years.
-> There has been a___________________________________ .
6. Though the pace of life in the countryside has not changed as rapidly as in the city, the changes seem significant.
-> In spite of ___________________________________ .
Key - Đáp án:
1. There have been dramatic improvements in the school facilities in the last three years.
2. The number of children going to school this year has slightly increased.
3. The number of nuclear families in the countryside has risen gradually.
4. There has been a considerable reduction in the number of poor families in the countryside.
5. There has been a significant increase in the number of students attending university in Viet Nam, in recent years.
6. In spite of slower changes to the pace of life in the countryside compared to the city, the changes seem significant.
3. Complete the word webs for the different modes of transportation.
Hoàn thành sơ đồ sau bằng các dạng phương tiện giao thông.
Key - Đáp án:
Ways for pedestrians: underpass, elevated walkway, sidewalk, pavement, footpath
Ways for trams or trains: railway, railroad, underground, tube, overground railroad, skytrain
Ways for motorbikes or cars: road, highway, flyover, tunnel
4. Fill each blank with a suitable word from the box to complete the passage.
disobedient cooperation nuclear privacy
tolerant annoying patient
I wish I were living in a (1)_____ family, with just my parents. At the moment my grandparents, my parents, my uncle's family, and my two siblings all together in the same house. I feel that I don't have much (2)______. I have share almost everything with so many people, and the most (3)______thing the television time. Everyone has different ideas about what to watch. more, there is no (4)____ when it comes to decision making. Most of the the elders make the decisions, and the younger family members just have to go along with it. If I raise my voice, people consider me (5)______ , but if to be (6)_____ of the situation, I feel that I'm not myself. Because of my living situation, I've learnt to be (7)___and easy-going.
Key - Đáp án:
1. nuclear 2. privacy 3. annoying 4. cooperation
2. disobedient 6. tolerant 7. patient
5. Complete the second sentence so that it has the same meaning as the first one.
Hoàn thành các câu sau sao cho nghĩa không đổi.
1. She was so unprofessional that she didn't prepare for the presentation.
->It was ______________________________________________________________.
2. It was confident of her to say that she would win first prize.
-> She was_________________________________________________________.
3. Our teacher was relieved when he heard that all of his students had made progress.
-> Our teacher__________________________________________________.
4. It was surprising for me to learn that he is the only child in his family.
-> I was________________________________________________________.
5. They know very well that physical education is an important school subject.
-> They are _______________________________________________________.
6. The mother was happy when she learned that her daughter had enjoyed herself at the party.
-> The mother ___________________________________________________.
Key - Đáp áp:
1. It was unprofessional of her not to prepare for the presentation.
2. She was confident that she would win first prize.
3. Our teacher was relieved to hear that all of his students had made progress.
4. I was surprised to learn that he is the only child in his family.
5. They are fully aware that physical education is an important school subject.
6. The mother was happy to know that her daughter had enjoyed the party.
6. Each of the following sentences has a mistake in it. Underline the mistake and correct it.
Mỗi câu sau có một lỗi sai. Gạch chân lỗi sai và sửa lại cho đúng.
1. It was kind to her to consider other people's interests when making decisions.
2. It is hard for a country that develop its economy with poor resources.
3. The students are conscious that they be closely monitored.
4 . They are annoyed that considered the slowest group.
5. Visitors were surprised that find dramatic changes in the country within a very short time.
6. Passers-by are delighted to the new underpass is being built.
Key - Đáp án:
1. to her => of her
2. that develop => to develop
3. be closely monitored => are closely monitored
4. that considered => to be considered
5. that find => to find
6. to the => that the
7. Finish the sentences using your own ideas.
Hoàn thành các câu sau theo ý của bạn.
1. Motorists are happy that ________________________________________.
2. It was courageous of him to _____________________________ .
3. They were delighted that________________________________________ .
4. We are glad to__________________________ .
5. The residents were annoyed that__________________________________________ .
6. I will certainly_________________________.
Key - Đáp án:
1. Motorists are happy that they are driving on the new flyover.
2. It was courageous of him to jump down to rescue the boy.
3. They were delighted that the traffic system has been improved considerably.
4. We are glad to have much better working conditions.
5. The residents were annoyed that a new railway track was being built through the village.
6. I will certainly tell you if I need help with my homework.
Đã có app HỌC TỐT trên điện thoại, giải bài tập SGK, SBT Soạn văn, Văn mẫu....miễn phí. Tải ngay ứng dụng trên Android và iOS.