Tiếng anh mới D. Reading - trang 8 - Unit 7 - Sách bài tập (SBT) tiếng Anh 9 mới
1. Read the text below and decide which answer A, B, C, or D best fits each space.
Đọc đoạn văn sau và chọn đáp án đúng để hoàn thành chỗ trống.
Last week I went to an International Food Festival taking place in Hai Phong. Because the festival only (1)___ place for one day, hundreds of people crowded into it. It was the biggest food festival I had eve* seen. There (2) thirty countries participating in the festival. They brought with them traditional fooc specialities which reflected their unique national (3) ___.
I was really impressed (4) the Cobb salad. It is an American garden salad made from chopped salad greens, tomato, bacon, chicken breast, hard-boiled egg, avocado, cheese, and red-wine vinaigrette. (5) ______the salad requires quite a few ingredients, it is quick to make. The American chef at the festival (6) ______me the way to make the salad and it took me only 15 minutes to complete. How amazing! The next day I made Cobb salad (7) _____ my mum for lunch, and she loved it right away.
(8) _____good dish is steak pie, a traditional British meat pie made from stewing steak and beef gravy, enclosed in a pastry shell. Unfortunately, I did not have (9)______ time to listen to the chef give instructions on how to make this dish. However, I tried it and it was brilliant.
Next year (10) _____ there is another food festival, I will definitely join in.
1. A. ran B took C. went D found
2. A. are B. is C. was D. were
3. A. cooking B. food C. foods D. cuisine
4. A. by B. at C. in D. on
5. A. But B. Although C. Because D. So
6. A. said B asked C. gave D. showed
7. A. for B with C. together D. like
8. A. One B. Another C. Second D. Next
9. A. little B. many C.enough D. few
10. A. while B. as C. if D. because
Key - Đáp án:
1.B 2. D 3 D 4. A 5. B
6. D 7.A 8. B 9.C 10.C
2. Fill each blank with a suitable word.
Điền vào chỗ trống với từ thích hợp.
My mother is a good (1)____ and she can make a lot of delicious. She also (2) ______my brother and me how to cook. Now we can make different Vietnamese dishes (3) ____ as fried beef, spring rolls, vegetable soup, pho, etc. In addition, we've leamt how to make pizza, lasagne, sushi, and curry. My brother's (4) _____ dish is lasagne while I like pho and spring rolls
the (5) _____. At the moment, my mother is teaching us how to bake.
My mother has very good eating (6) ________. For breakfast, she usually has a bowl of rice, some lean chicken or pork, a plate of vegetables, and a banana. She never (7)_____ this important meal. For lunch, she has different types of salad, some fish, and some rice. She doesn't eat (8) _______ for dinner, just some vegetable and lean meat. She encourages us to (9) _________ healthily by avoiding fast foods and soft drinks. In addition, every morning we get up early to do (10) ___together. It's a good way to keep fit, isn't it?
Key - Đáp án:
1. cook 2. teaches/taught 3. such 4. favourite 5. best/most
6. habits 7. skips/misses 8. much/a lot 9. eat 10. exercise/exercises
3. Read what Mark says about his food memories. Decide if the statements are true (T) or false (F).
Đọc đoạn văn sau Mark nói về ký ức của bạn ấy về đồ ăn. Quyết định thông tin nào là đúng (T) hay sai (F).
WHAT WAS YOUR FAVOURITE FOOD WHEN YOU
WERE A CHILD?
I loved lasagne. It all began when I was three years old. I flew to Australia with my parents on Singapore Airlines. On the plane they served special food for children, and one of the dishes was lasagne. I fell in love with that dish immediately and ate a big portion. Since then, whenever we eat out in an Italian restaurant, I've chosen lasagne.
DID YOU HATE ANY FOOD WHEN YOU WERE A CHILD?
Sure, I really hated fish. My mother loved it, so we had it almost every day. Although she cooked different dishes such as steamed fish, fried fish, or fish soup, I still didn't like the taste, the smell, or anything about it. The strange thing is that I liked fish nuggets at Kuick, and I had them sometimes on Sundays.
WHICH DO YOU PREFER: HAVING MEALS AT HOME
OR EATING OUT?
My job involves travelling a lot, so I treasure any meal with my parents at home. It's our happiest time when we can gather together and share a lot of things. I love eating at home also because my mother is a great cook who can create unusual (fishes with everyday ingredients.
1. When Mark was three, he started to like lasagne.
2. There were special dishes for children on Singapore Airlines planes.
3. The first time he tried lasagne, Mark couldn't eat much.
4. Mark doesn't like lasagne anymore.
5. He never ate fish when he was a child.
6. His family had fish every day.
7. His mother only cooked one kind of fish dish.
8. Mark has to travel a lot in his job.
9. His family has a good time together during their meals.
10. His motier on y uses unusual ingredients when cooking.
Key - Đáp án:
1. T 2.T 3. F 4. F 5. F
6. F 7. F 8.T 9.T 10. F
Đã có app HỌC TỐT trên điện thoại, giải bài tập SGK, SBT Soạn văn, Văn mẫu....miễn phí. Tải ngay ứng dụng trên Android và iOS.