Tiếng anh mới Tes Yourself 4 - trang 57 - Sách bài tập (SBT) tiếng Anh 9 mới
1. Mark the replies (B) in the conversations with the correct tones, using falling, rising, or flat arrows.
Đánh dấu ngữ điệu của các câu trả lời (B), sử dụng dấu lên, xuống hoặc chéo.
A: His answer is good.
B: Good? It's excellent!
A: What kind of music do you like?
B: Many kinds, such as classical, pop, and jazz.
A: There are many jobs that women cannot do.
B: You are quite right.
A: Why do you sound so uncertain?
A: How was your visit to the Astronomy Museum?
B: It was quite pleasant.
A: Teenagers will be participating in important decisions concerning their stucfes.
B: They will, but...
Key - Đáp án:
2. Write the words/phrases under the approciate pictures.
Viết từ/cụm từ thích hợp dưới mỗi bức tranh.
Key - Đáp án:
1. male-dominated 2. academic subjects 3. universe 4. fashion designer 5. astronaut
6. work overtime 7. breadwinner 8. career path 9. virtual classroom
10. externally employed
3. Chose the correct anwser A, B, C or D to complete the sentences.
1. In ____ , students can study a work sector like applied business, design, health, or tourism.
A. vocational subjects
B. academic subjects
C. applied approach
2. What will you do to earn __?
B. a living
C. a job
D. a career
3. I wish I could take ____ where I can experience microgravity.
A. a parabolic flight
B. an ocean cruise
C. an express train
D. flying couse
4. In the near future, a teacher will act more like a(n) ___ of knowledge.
5. Astronomy studies ____ and objects in it like the Moon and the Sun.
A. the Moon
B. the planet
C. the universe
D. the Earth
6. Beyond 2030 is a forum _____ allows students to share their vision of the future.
7. _______ are the secondary education certificates awarded to students between the ages of 14 to 16.
A. Academic subjects
8. Will lessons ever ______ in places other than traditiona; classroom.
C. be learning
D. be delivered
9. These red buttons are only used in case of _______.
10. I'm interested in doing____________ so I can stay at home in the evening.
B. an evening course
C. something adventurous
D. a nine-to-five job
4. Use the verbs provided in their correct fomrs to complete the sentences.
1. It's not easy ______ both a cademic and vocational subjects at the same time. (STUDY)
2. The research project How women are changing the fashion industry will be ___ by the end of this year. (COMPLETE)
3. A student's academic performance at school oncrease his/her chance of ____ university. (ENTER)
4. The modern father will soon learn _______ the housework with his wife. (SHARE)
5. The man doesn't mind _____ overtime as long as he earns enough for his family. (WORK)
6. The boy managed _______ with his peers at the vocational shool. (DEAL)
7. My niece is planning __________ an architect because she like designing buildings. (BE)
8. Russia _____________already ______________ a dog named Laika into space when the USA sent Neil Armstrong. (LAUCH)
9. We have the same gold of _____ school students learn more from real life.(SEE)
10. The crew in the spacecraft spend their day _______ science experiments. (DO)
Key - Đáp án:
1. to study 2. completed 3. entering 4. to share 5. working
6. to deal 7. to be 8. had ... lauched 9. seeing 10. doing
5. Complete the sentences, using the words provided.
1. A fascinating change for women happened in the mid-20th century. It was their increasing involvement in social life. (WHICH)
2. I visited the Astronomy Museum. There I was able to touch a meteorite. (WHERE)
3. Dennis Tito was an American millionaire. He became the first space tourist after 900 hours of training. (WHO)
4. He is performing well at school. He does not know what he will choose as his future career. (.DESPITE)
5. He made a lot of effort at work. He was not promoted. (IN SPITE OF)
Key - Đáp án:
1. A fascinating change for women, which happened in the mid-20th century, was the their increasing involvement in social life./A fascinating change for women, which was the increasing involvement in social life, happened in the mid-20th century.
2. I visited the Astronomy Museum, where I was able to touch a meteorite.
3. Dennis Tito, who was an American millionaire, became the first space tourist after 900 hours of training. Dennis Tito, who became the first space tourist after 900 hours of training, was an American milionaire.
4. Despite his good performance at school, he does not know what he choose as his future career.
5. In spite of making a lot of effort at work, he was not promoted.
6. Read the email and do the exercises.
Many of my friends have started talking about their future career though we still have three more years to go before we finish our school education. Some want to have a nine-to-five job like a bank clerk, some want to do something more creative like a designer, and my friend Dan even drearrsotf travelling into space.
For me, my plan for future will take far more than three years to accomplish. After getting a university degree, I will fulfil my long dream: joining the Peace Corps, which is a volunteer programme run by the United States of America. This programme allows young people to work abroad for two years with schools, nonprofit organisations, and charities... in areas like education and agriculture.
One aim of the programme is to help us to understand the cultures of other countries, and to help people outside the USA to understand us. The work can be difficult, but I believe it has ít reward can see myself travelling in a faraway land, finding ways to fit into a community that is very dffierent from my own, and working together with the local people for a better future. I might even come to Viet Nam and visit you. Who knows?
All the best for now.
a, Match the words from the email with their definitions.
b, Read the email again and decide if statements 1-5 are true (T) or false (F).
Đọc lại bức thư và xem các câu sau đúng hay sai.
1. Mark is in his last year at school.
2. None of his friends wants to work in an office.
3. Mark dreams of working as a volunteer abroad.
4. Mark believes that it's worth working for the Peace Corps.
5. The aim of the Peace Corps is to promote education.
Key - Đáp án:
a, 1. c 2. e 3. d 4. a 5.b
b, 1. F 2. F 3.T 4.T 5.F
7. Underline the ONE mistake in each sentence and write the correction in the box provider.
Gạch chân từ bị sai trong các câu sau và sửa lại cho đúng.
1. Jupiter, who is the largest planet in our solar system, has more gravity than Earth.
2. Fifteen years of age is too early choosing a career, isn't it?
3. Although the low wage, he agreed to take the job.
4. My friend Russ is interested in to work in advertising.
5. Can you talk more about Neil Armstrong, that was the first man to walk on the Moon?
6. I believe the biggest change in educational will take place within the school.
7. Women get jobs to support their families as well as to be independently.
8. Teenagers will be participated in important decisions concerning their lives.
9. Recalling his first flight into space in 2006 Christer Fuglesang from Sweden said: ‘From above, the Earth didn’t look as big as we think.'
10. Classes will be held in places like fast food restaurants, which students will learn how to run a business.
Key - Đáp án:
1. who —► which
2. choosing —*• to choose
3. Although —► Despite/In spite of
4. to work—► working
5. that—► who
6. educational —> education
7. independently —► independent
8. be participated —> participate
9. think —► had thought
10. which —► where /from which
8. Complete the second sentence so that it has a similar meaning to the first one.
Viết lại câu sao cho nghĩa không đổi.
1. Although she reads vacancy ads in the newspapers every day, she has not been able to find a job.
In spite of ___________________________________________________________________.
2. After lots of effort, the boy was finally successful in getting the position of striker in the football team.
After lots of efforts, the boy managed______________________________________________.
3. It's not a good idea to start your essay without analysing the question first.
You should avoid_____________________________________________________________.
4. I don't think I will help you with your homework.
I don't agree________________________________________________________________.
5. Students will play more active roles in the classroom.
More active roles ______________________________________________________________.
Key - Đáp án:
1. In spite of reading vacancy ads in the newspapers every day, she has not been able to find a job.
2. After lots of effort, the boy managed to get the position of striker in the school's football team.
3. You should avoid starting your essay without analysing the question first.
4. I don't agree to help you with your homework.
5. More active roles will be played by (the) students in the classroom.
Đã có app HỌC TỐT trên điện thoại, giải bài tập SGK, SBT Soạn văn, Văn mẫu....miễn phí. Tải ngay ứng dụng trên Android và iOS.